Return on Investment
When we build your website for you or help you handle branding, we focus on your return on investment and make sure every effort you put into marketing generates results.
When we build your website for you or help you handle branding, we focus on your return on investment and make sure every effort you put into marketing generates results. Return on investment is an essential part of all kinds of marketing, including digital marketing. It is how you know if you’re getting value for the money you spend on your marketing campaigns. If based on the ROI, you’re not. Then it is necessary to do something about it by understanding why and improving your campaign based on that knowledge. But the first thing you need to understand is how to measure the ROI, especially in digital advertising.
The common way most people use is to focus on metrics that are directly related to profits, such as conversions and opportunities. However, this is not usually the best idea. While it may sound nice on paper, it is usually an oversimplified view that can give an inaccurate estimate in the real world. ROI measurement should be a big picture measurement that considers other metrics such as website visitors, brand impressions, and downloads. Using this gives a more accurate view of the ROI. Here is how to measure ROI for some common forms of digital advertising.
Mobile Video Ads
This is a very effective form of advertising that can surpass television advertising or web video advertising due to its more intimate nature with fewer distractions.
The mobile video ads, when done effectively, can give useful information that increases brand awareness, drive traffic to your site, and get sheared.
How to measure the ROI of Mobile Video Advertising?
Here are some of the metrics to consider in measuring the success of mobile video advertising.
- Brand awareness: You can determine this with the direct traffic numbers, number of searches for the video, number of clicks through referrals, the number of social media mentions and shares.
- Purchase influence: Determine if the ad leads to an increase in sales by looking at the first-touch and multi-touch attribution generated by the video as well as the traffic generated by the campaign in comparison with sales numbers.
- Accessibility: Check ads placement and see if they can be viewed on all devices and are not hidden on the page. Which shows people have access to the ads.
- Mindshare: Although there is no way of determining how often people talk about a brand with others, shares and comments on mobile videos is a good way to guess.
For native advertising to be effective, it must seamlessly fit into the organic content of the websites carrying it. It is an advertisement providing useful information with a format that makes it look like a non-paid article on the website.
How to measure the ROI of Native Advertising?
This can be challenging as click-throughs are primarily used. But other factors can also be considered.
- Customer acquisition: The number of click-throughs in connection with Conversion can be used to determine the ROI.
- Reputation: use increase in traffic, and comment and queries related to the ad to determine if there has been a boost in brand reputation.